Monday, November 27, 2017

Bangkok Break (24-26 Nov 2017)

Last night in Bangkok. Arrived yesterday (24 Nov 2017) and leaving tomorrow (26 Nov 2017). Staying at Siam Kempinski. This trip is a short break and shopping trip with Gin, my gf. Is darn tiring as we spent long hours shopping and walking.

Now we are waiting for Uber to go to Rod Fai night market! Been waiting for 30mins already although it said he is only 5 mins away. When I ordered the Uber ride it was 6.08pm and 9mins away. Now 6.36pm and 4mins away!! Bangkok traffic is horrendous. A supposing 9mins distance. Crazy!! Finally inside the car and otw to Rod Fai night market.

I bought a lot of tops. Not expensive but nice designs. For daily wear. I'm not brand conscious when it comes to clothes. It sure feels good to wear a designer brand but it doesn't adds to my self worth. Beside I don't like to spend my clothes for dry cleaning as it is too troublesome. Hence I usually buy non-branded clothes to wear. I'm a simple person who isn't brand conscious. And nowadays I will be only dress up when there is an event. Otherwise I prefer comfortable clothes.

This 2nd part is written in a plane as I'm flying back to KL now. The short break and shopping had come to an end so is time to go back to work. Next week should be an interesting week with 3 meetings schedule.

This trip was tiring on my feet as I walked a lot! Every night I needed to soak my feet in hot water to soothe the tiredness. And I ate a fair bit so need to start dieting when I'm back in KL. I have a tummy now 😭😭! Need to get back my flat stomach. We went back to the same local Thai restaurant for lunch 2 days in a row - Taling Pling (restaurant name). The food were yummy and reasonably price.


My verdict of this trip ....hmm, Siam Kempinski is an overrated hotel that isn't worth the rate they are charging. It is an old and tired hotel that can use a refurbishment. The location is excellent, but not enough to make me want to return to stay again. The customer service was not on par with 5 stars luxury at all. I had problem with the TV in my room for the 2 nights I stayed there. Even after fixing, there were still issues. Pretty annoying to be honest. But I didn't let it spoilt my holiday. Just don't think is worth the price I paid for it and definitely wouldn't recommend it to anyone. And housekeeping standard sucks....on my 1st night I could see the floor was dusty. I expected it to be in tip top condition but it wasn't. So not happy with that. At best I will rate Siam Kempinski 4 stars. That's my verdict for the hotel. From the limited photos I took, you can draw the conclusion that the hotel is just normal and nothing to shout about. If it is a great hotel I would had taken a lot more photos. Haha.



As for the trip itself.......not bad overall as I had eaten some delicious local Thai food, bought some inexpensive tops and accessories. But it would be much better if Gin was less budget conscious. Having said that I have to give her a big thumb up for agreeing to stay at Siam Kempinski as it was more expensive than her usual budget. But then she did complaining non-stop too that it was expensive and next time must stay in cheaper hotel. The fact was I asked her if she was ok with the hotel and budget and she said yes. Then she repeated a few times that the hotel too expensive. Sigh. I gave her the chance to say no and even suggest other hotels, but she said go ahead. So I did. Anyway, it wasn't too unbearable so it didn't affect me at all. And she can eat a lot so was kinda nice as we ordered many dishes to try. Haha.

Shopping in Bangkok was really fun as I managed to find good quality bargains and there were sale everywhere. So plenty of choices to choose from. I will post some photos of my loots as well 😉😀.
We talked, but not deep talked as when we were in Bali. This trip she talked about her kids more and I was fine with it. What I didn't find fine was when she commented that she will just bear with her life even though she feels trap in it! This is something I can't accept. I'm not asking her to have an exciting life, but at least not waste it away by just accepting the current situation. Fix it! She knows there are issues in her marriage, but she doesn't wants to talk to her husband about it. And her hubby also doesn't initiate the talk so both of them ignore the issues and continue living a life that isn't a fulfilling marital life. Sexless for over 9 years!!! Crazy and unbelievable. Her husband is really weird. I seriously couldn't understand how they could live a life like that??

Oh well, is her choice so I'm not going to say too much but respect her choice even though I feel that she isn't living her life to the fullest. Everyone of us have our own destiny and path to follow so it isn't my place to tell her how to live her life.

So my final verdict on this trip......a good trip although tiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment