Thursday, September 8, 2016

Dino

Out of the blue Dino texted me. The last we chatted was almost 1 year ago. But then again we don't chat on a regular basis. So he only crossed my mind once a blue moon too. Today was really a surprised because most of the time I reached out to say hi 1st. This evening it was him. He told me he went to tailored a jacket at a place called Dino in BKK recently and it reminded him of me. Because Dino is his nickname I gave him 15 years ago. Yup, we have known each other for that long. He is 50 years old this year. And his birthday is in August too.
I first met him in my ex ex-company during a regional meeting BKK. When I first saw him, I kept my distance away from him as he appeared very cool and back then I was a newbie hence I wasn't as worldly as I'm now. So I didn't talk to him much. I only got to know him better the following year when he attended the regional meeting in KL and I was tasked to organise and plan the event beside being an attendee. It was a 2.5 days event. We sat across from each other and on the 2nd day, we grew bored listening to those presenters and I almost fell asleep. Again out of the blue he texted me and we started texting back and forth. It made the afternoon more bearable and the hours passed by more quickly.
Long story short, since that day we became good friends. Of course, there was a short period we were lover too. But he lives in HCMC hence in the end we just stick to being friends. Dino is British but have been living in HCMC for over 20 years. He is soft spoken, tall and smart. Yup, all my ex except my 1st bf of 5 years, were smart and successful. And all of them enjoyed teasing me!! Which I really don't understand why at all!!! Hahahaha. Is ok, I don't get upset or offended by their teasing 😎.
We texted each other for almost 1.5 hours!! Seriously crazy. He asked me if I still laugh the same way?? I told him that definitely will never change. I asked him why? He missed my laughter is it?? His replied, " Just thinking about your laugh is making me laugh 😂😂". He  gave me a nickname 15 years ago too.....Tommy. He said I sounded like a tommy gun when I laugh. In fact, I was told countless time that I have an infectious and memorable laugh. In the past, my ex ex colleagues would also teased and mimicked my laugh and sent me into a laughing fit that just got everyone laughed until their belly ached! I missed those days with the guys. They were a group of smart, fun and nice people. Of course being the youngest member and also 1 of the 2 women in the whole group the attention was focused on me. Not to mention the fact that I'm happy go lucky and full of energy. When I was in my 20s', I would went up to the table or bar top and danced! Hahaha. Yes I did that frequently back then. Thinking back, I couldn't help but grinned at my silliness and craziness 👻👻!!
Anyway, I told Paul aka Dino that it was amazing that after all these years and long silent (almost 1 year) we could picked up our chat without missing a beat!! He replied, "Yup. That's what good friends do 😀." And I agree with him 100%. Except for my 1st bf and Peter, I have managed to stay good friends with a few men who were my lovers in the past. We didn't had any blood between us. Beside, they never accused me nor lied to me like Peter did!!
As I mentioned earlier, Dino enjoys teasing me and I told him that he will never stop teasing me for the rest of our life. Hahaha. He said I know him too well. I don't really know him that well, at least not about his personal life as I don't like to ask if he doesn't tells. I just know to certain extent how he will behave with me. Anyway, if I want to know him well, I will just ask him. But currently I don't feel a need to do so.Therefore will leave it as it is.
It is always nice to hear from an old friend 😀!

No comments:

Post a Comment