Thursday, June 29, 2017

Updates about Xavier & I

"I totally understand u"......said Xavier. He repeated it 3x to me when I explained to him why I needed to take a break from chatting with him. Finally, yesterday afternoon I explained to him clearly the reasons for my decision and also how he made me felt. And his replied was he understand me totally!!! Hmmmm.......does he really understands me??? Maybe!

He also told me that his dad poor health is affecting his mood as he is annoyed with everyone and almost anything nowadays and only he himself can settle it. Meaning only he himself can make himself snap out of the annoyance. I trust that his dad is ill and he is worried about his dad's health, but I'm doubtful he doesn't has other reason why he suddenly distance himself from our friendship. Anyway, I'm not sad about his decision as I have learned to accept the fact that people come and go. I have decided not to chase people and let them be.

I have also decided that I will only put in the same amount of effort as the other person puts in. Nothing more and nothin less. I won't be the giver all the time. It has to be a balance. Actually, it was a good thing that Xavier acts the way he does now as it allows me to see another side of him that further confirmed the fact that it will be hard for me to be emotionally connected to him. I don't think he knows how to deal with my emotional disclosure. As a friend I don't expect anything from him so I'm ok with his lack of reactions to my feelings. I told him that I like him, but I'm not able to feel connected to him in the past 5 months. I was hoping that he could made me feel connected to him, but it never happened. He never asked me a single thing about me hence he doesn't know much about me except what I chose to tell him. He has no in depth knowledge about who I'm at all because I didn't volunteer any information. If he wants to know, he has to ask. If he doesn't asks, then he won't know as I won't tell.

Nowadays, I have stopped volunteering info about myself. If someone wants to know me better, the person has to ask to show his/her interests in getting to know me. Otherwise what they get is just the surface me. I'm not willing to subject myself to be hurt again, especially by men. And Xavier just sucks as emotional connection. Well, thank god we are just friend and nothing more. And even more thankful is the fact that we didn't get physical at all!! I didn't even kiss him as I mentioned in my last post. That just showed that I wasn't attracted to him romantically and physically. So I'm cool that we have this cool off period. If he reaches out after his dad's surgery or any other time in the future, I will still reply as after all he is still a nice guy to have as a friend.

But as a potential lover, I doubt it will ever happen as he isn't exactly my cup of tea unless he miraculously able to make me feel connected to him emotionally. I have my doubts. So for now I will just go with the flow and pay my attention back to my work as business is picking up and more exciting projects in the pipeline.

I shall update if I have any interesting development with Xavier, but don't hold your breath as I don't think so 😁! Goodnite world!

No comments:

Post a Comment