Sunday, October 9, 2016

Short Attention Span

All my best friends know that I have a short attention span when it comes to men. If they aren't interesting I won't give them the time of my day. And even if they were interesting in the beginning, they still need to have a good sense of wit and humour to keep me interested to want to find out more about them. Hence they were surprised when I gave 2 years of attention to a particular someone. But that was in the past.
My old self is back and this means if a man can't hold my interest past 3 months, then the potential of him being a lover is zero. Friend, YES! But lover, NO!! I will not waste my time on men that don't add value and happiness to my life. And I think 3 months are a fair timeline to know if I want to continue to invest my time and energy in the man or not. And if the man can't hold my interests past 3 months, it is a red flag to me because I get bored easily. If the man I like is only 1 dimensional, then forget about it. I'm not in a hurry to be in  a relationship. I don't mind being single and having my picks.
When I first started chatting with Phil, he came across as interesting as he was able to match my wits and was humorous too. But last few days, I began to lose interest in him. It is still pleasant to chat with him, but I began to notice he is one dimensional. The topics are almost the same on a daily basis and sometimes the lack of it. Hence I'm slowing down in my daily chats with Phil.
I didn't feel the initial sparks anymore. But I'm not writing him off yet. We have a pact if we both get tired of chatting with each other we will inform and not ghost on each other. I will keep it open for now until I meet him in person. And only after that I will know for sure if we have sparks and chemistry. So for now, I'm going to take it slow. Beside I'm very busy with work too. So priority is my work.
As for Chris, I still find him interesting, intriguing and mysterious 😎😉! Therefore, he still has my attention for now. Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment