Friday, May 13, 2016

Favourite authors

Yay....received the book I pre-order from Amazon today. It is one of favourite author - Iris Johansen. Suspense and thriller. All the main characters in her book is a heroine. Really cool characters. I was first exposed to this author when I was working in Hotel Equatorial as an Asst Manager. That was 16 years ago. My ex-colleague lend me the book and I'm hooked since then. This author is a woman and she's good. Once I start reading, I won't be able to put it down until I finish the whole book. There are some books that I don't even finish at all after 3 months or 6 months of reading. Haha.  Anyway, I will spend my weekend reading this book and maybe spend sometime blogging too.

Talking about books. He likes history books and collected some. During his last trip to KL in Feb this year, he told me he actually just finished watching some chinese history series about the Three Kingdom if my memory doesn't failed me. Haha. my memories not as good as him. I can only remember about 70%-80% at max. And it also depends on the memories are for which person. If it is someone I don't care much or is irrelevant to me, then my memories are lousy! LOL!

Anyway, I think he told me before that he wish to return to university before he turns 60 to pursue PhD in Economy or History. I think it is economy, but not very sure. Oh well, whatever he fancies I guess.

My other favourite authors are Stephen Frey, Matthew Reilly, Roy Johansen, Douglas Preston, Lincoln Child, Philip Margolin, John Grisham, Robin Cook, Sidney Sheldon, Joseph Finder, Michael Palmer, Michael Crichton, Jackie Collins and a few other less popular authors.

I love to read and I have a 10 feet high and 4-5 feet deep purpose built bookshelves in my 2600sq ft condo. I love to collect hardcovers. I learned a lot from reading both fiction and non-fiction. But lately I don't have much time to read unless I'm on vacation. Not enough alone time after I started working. Plus still have a lot of issues to tidy up in my life, reading is a pleasure that I miss greatly. But for Iris Johansen book I will definitely find the time to read and finish the book within 1 week. In the past I could finished reading her book in 3 days, but now don't think so.

Anyway, looking forward to immerse myself in this new book! Title HIDE AWAY - Iris Johansen

No comments:

Post a Comment