Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Real Estate

Been in the real estate profession for 14 years now including the 2 years sabbatical I took to open and run my restaurant. And towards end of last year I decided it was time to go back to the work force because I got bored and tired doing nothing in the daytime. Haha. So here I am, back into the playing ground amidst the tougher market conditions. Having said that, I think there are also some very good opportunities in the market currently. Some days I'm excited, but some days I'm not especially when I need to drag my ass off to bed and go into office for my weekly meeting. Or when I have to spend time doing paperworks and schedule reporting! I'm still trying to get use to it as I'm an entrepreneur. But then again, it is one of the reason I joined a corporate company. To challenge myself. Hahaha! Definitely not for the salary as it isn't much compare to what I used to make, but it is a trade off in return for different experiences, different learning curves and an opportunity to achieve my next dream :-)!

The 1 thing I love about being in the real estate is the unpredictability. I don't know what the next call will brings me - super good news or not so good news :-)! I enjoy the adrenalin rush of closing a difficult deal although it stresses me out. Hahahaha! The satisfaction that comes from it is immense. Personal satisfaction and achievement.

I told my boss the other day if I want to climb up the corporate ladder and play the corporate game, I will be at the top of my game in no time. But I'm not chasing the corporate ladder. I hate the stuffy and structure corporate world. Unless it is a place like Facebook or Tesla or Apple. I want to work in a corporate company that encourages creativity and allow outspokenness. My current company is a great company and people are nice, but just too by the book for me. I just wish to have more freedom and luckily my boss gives me that or I wouldn't be able to last too long.

But so far, I can still manage. I enjoy working with my colleagues. Very open, friendly and helpful. We work as a team and I like that a lot. I don't need to worry about them undercutting my deal or vice versa. Not an experience that I will be able to enjoy in another company. 

Anyway, my goal for this year is to sell an en-bloc office building. Not an easy challenge, but nevertheless I will do my best to make my goal comes true. Wish me luck :-)!

No comments:

Post a Comment