Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Commencement Address - Steve Jobs & Carly Fiorina

I just read 2 Commencement Address posted by a friend on FB. One was by Steve Jobs and the other one was by Carly Fiorina. After reading what they had to said and shared, I noticed that great leaders like them never allow the outside opinions' to shape and influence their life. They define and live their life the way they like and deem fit. They stay true to themselves. They never gave up when failures hit them in the head or face. They just picked themselves up and moved on to the next phase of their life. They have a passion for their work and they challenged themselves to find the next " It " job that will bring and give them the same passion like the last one they had. They never settle until they found what they love. Keep looking and searching and the light is at the end of the dark tunnel waiting for us.
I like the following statements by them:
Most people will judge you by what they see on the outside. Only you and God will know what's on the inside. But at the end of your life, if people ask you what your greatest accomplishment was, my guess is, it will be something that happened inside you, that no one else ever saw, something that had nothing to do with outside success, and everything to do with how you decide to live in the world
Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary. 
After reading their commencement address, I realized that even though I'm living the life I want it is still not at 100% optimum level yet, especially when it comes to my personal life. I should be more bold and vocal about my wants, needs and desires!
Anyway, Jobs & Fiorina speeches have helped to reinforce in me again that I should live my life the way I want and ignore those external noises and perceptions because my time in this earth is limited so I don't want to live someone's else life, but mine!!
Hope you guys are doing the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment