Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Loving Ourselves Wholeheartedly


"We are complete with or without a mate, with or without a child. We get to decide for ourselves what is beautiful when it comes to our bodies. That decision is ours and ours alone. Let’s make that decision for ourselves and for the young women in this world who look to us as examples. Let’s make that decision consciously, outside of the tabloid noise. We don’t need to be married or mothers to be complete. We get to determine our own “happily ever after” for ourselves." - Jennifer Aniston   
Read her complete article Loving Ourselves Wholeheartedly
Is true that we women don't love ourselves enough and we always search love from other people, especially men. We feel that we are incomplete or unlovable if we don't have a man in our life and hence we do everything in our power to find and get ourselves a man. And after we get a man, we sacrifice ourselves, who we are, what we like, our goals and dreams to accommodate the man so that he will continue to love and stay with us. We put him on a pedestal to worship him. We make him the center of our universe. We tolerate, forgive and find excuses for his shitty behaviour and actions. We justify our tolerance by telling ourselves we love him. We trick our brain and convince ourselves that he will change for us once he sees how much we love him! We keep quiet and bite our tongues when we want to lash out at him. Instead we apologise to him when he doesn't even deserves it! We do everything to keep him happy so that he won't leave us. In the process of doing so, we lose ourselves and we forget to love ourselves as deeply and dearly as we love him.
Yes, we women are guilty of all the above and I'm no exception. Guilty as charge 😝! But not anymore. After my experienced with Peter Wittendorp I told myself I will not omit any pieces of myself to make a man stay in my life. I will not hold back my tongue just to make him feel good and comfortable. I will speak my mind and I will call an ace an ace! I will love myself wholeheartedly without needing a man to shower me with his love. If I'm lucky enough to meet a man who loves me, he has to loves me for me including the good, the bad and the ugly. Although I have more good traits for him to love than bad or ugly!! Hahaha!
Anyway, bottomline is we need to learn to love ourselves wholeheartedly before we look for a man to love us. We need to accept ourselves wholeheartedly and we need to carve our own happily ever after. A man in our life doesn't guarantee happiness. Sometimes it bring us unnecessary dramas and make our life miserable and unhappy! So always remember having a man in our life doesn't meaner life is complete.  Without one doesn't means we are incomplete. 

We just need to learn not to judge ourselves too harshly and learn to love ourselves wholeheartedly and our life will be more beautiful and colourful. REMEMBER THAT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment