Friday, July 8, 2016

What is LOVE?


I have been trying to find the meaning of LOVE for a long time without much luck until recently. I was watching an old romantic comedy and the main actress asked the main actor why he loved her?? His replied was, "I don't know." And upon hearing that it got me thinking and I came to the conclusion that he was right. When we are in love, we feel it rather than we think it, hence it defies any rational thinking. If you can write a list of things why you love the person, then you might not be in love with the person. I feel that when I'm in love with a guy I wouldn't be able to lists out the reasons why I love him because I'm feeling it and not thinking about it consciously. And if I can lists out all the reasons I love him, then I'm not in love with him. I love him because of the qualities he possesses and for me this type of love is replaceable. I'm sure all of us have heard this phrase at some point in our life 'I love you, BUT I'm NOT in love with you'.
So for me, my definition of love is when I love a man without knowing why at all because then I'm truly in love with him head to toes, in and out. This will be my yardstick to guide me when I meet my Mr.Right because I'm that type of person who easily fall in love and believe I am in love with the man when in actual fact, I might just love him. I want to be in love with him and not just love him because if I just love him he is replaceable. If I meet a man who has better qualities than my current man, then I might just fall for the new man. But if I'm in love with my current man, then no matter how many good qualities the new man possesses I'm still in love with my current man.
Love is a feeling, hence being in love is also a feeling!!! And no matter how hard I tried to find a definition to what love is, I wouldn't be able to find it because it is not explainable at all. No right or wrong definitions and how we perceive love is very individual. I just hope I'll be lucky enough to meet a man who will makes me 'in love' with him and not just love him :-)!!
Wish me luck. Haha 😘😍

No comments:

Post a Comment