Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Kyle

Was in HK last week for a few days and met up with a few of my ex-university friends. All of them are Hong Kongers. 1 of them is a guy who was my 1st crush. We were almost an item during student life, but because of my immaturity, I lost the opportunity to date him. And because I was too young to know how to handle it well, I almost lost our friendship too. We lost touched for a couple of years and thru a mutual friend we got back in touch and picked up our friendship from there. Since then we do keep in touch and whenever I go to HK will try to catch up with him. The last time I saw him was last year or the year before. He had put on weight, not as handsome as before anymore but still alright. Haha

We had lunch on my 2nd day in HK (30.6.16) and chatted about our life and etc. His mum passed away last year (cancer) and he is still working in the same job same company for almost 8-10 years now. As we chatted and I shared with him some of the things that had happened to me and also my plans for biz and personal, I could see the stark difference between my life and his. He prefers a mundane routine life, I prefer and crave a life fill with challenges and adventures. Routine is fine for me occasionally, but it can't be the theme for the rest of my life!! I will die of mundane and routine! Hahaha! I know I sounded a bit melodramatic, but is true! Peter always liked to say I'm melodramatic.

I enjoy exploring the world, setting challenges for myself and pushing my own limit to see how far I can go. When I turned 40 last year, I made a promise to myself that I will live my life differently than when I was in my 30s and I intend to keep my promise. Hence I will do more things that enrich my life and allow me to experience a more colourful life.

Coming back to Kyle, he is a good and nice guy but definitely boring and uninteresting. I did wonder if we had dated back in university time, where would I be now? Will my life journey be any different from now? Maybe. Anyway, at that time he was a guy I didn't mind dating as he was and still is very caring towards me. But now he is just another good friend that I'm glad to have in life.

Thank you Kyle for being my friend :-)!

No comments:

Post a Comment